Life Lately and your opinions...

The past week was filled with my favorite kind of weather; warm, breezy, and sunny. It may have made up for everyone in the house getting sick and having to apply for a home equity loan (fun!) to pay for the water damage in our basement (FUN!)

Oh, and five seconds before we realized the basement flooded, I got a new car!  No more car-owning for me. I'm just not cut out for it. I am hard on cars and hate to pay for maintenance. So, leasing it is. We downsized a bit, which is totally fine, because now I have less space to fill with Kitchenaid stand mixers, hot dog roasting sticks, and anything else we found in the old car as we cleaned it out.

Matt had planned vacation days for Friday and Saturday, but didn't make any exciting plans because he was dying from the same cold the three of us already had. Fun fact: Did you know that everyone in your house can get the same thing and each suffer from a different symptom-- double ear infection (check), complete loss of voice (check) and throwing up (check)?  It is true. He was able to rise from the dead and play outside with the kids for the afternoon. Anyone else's children have MAJOR bug phobia? Hers is legendary right now. And I need to know the secrets of dirt removal on laundry, because...Rhys.



Annnnyway, back to the weather. It lent itself to a little evening photo session at the Park of Roses. I was dying to get there before the blossoming trees got rained away. Here are some of my favorites...















I had an easy time getting good shots of Rhys (the one on his back--dead. Absolutely dead from the cuteness). Harder with Larkyn because she was (no joke) pretending to shoot me with ice out of her fingers and telling "Prince Hans" to stay away (the prayer hands? No idea where she got that, but I know the grandmas will be ally over prayer hands). Even harder was getting them both in focus or looking at the camera. But it was fun practicing.

It may seem like it was Larkyn's birthday a month ago because we had the kids' party together. She was surprised when I started talking about her birthday (4/21) like, "Is mommy losing it? It already happened...but if I can get another cake, I'll let her keep up this craziness". She requested cupcakes and Chipotle, and we have a little surprise up our sleeves for her gift. 

Matt has decided to explore pescatarianism. Any words of advice? I have already made it clear that there will only be one menu for dinner, but that I can adjust his to have no meat. I guess if Ted Danson and Queen Sophia of Spain do it, why not? Meanwhile, I was pinning this. Dreams- shattered.


How do you feel about joining Costco?  We live closer to one now and have been tossing around the idea. Buying in bulk...is it worth it? I tend to shop like a European (one who buys Lucky Charms and Pop Tarts) and run through, getting only enough for a day or two. This is strictly survival mode, people. Have you shopped with 2 children? First, there is no room in the cart, one may be jumping on a display bed at Target, and the other is making "potty noises". Going once a month and getting a TON of crap without kids may or may not solve the problem. Will this happen to me? 


Brace yo'selves for a lot of sappy reflections on the fact that my firstborn is turning FOUR in two days. Four. That's like 14 years away from going to prom. Unless she is a freshman who gets asked by an older guy. Oh God. 

Have a great week!



Comments

Schneider 4.0 said…
Ok, just remember that opinions are just that...and you don't have to listen to them. But you asked...
Costco can be a joke. In my experience, there is no saving involved, there is....Oh, I need a 2-pack of economy Aveeno lotion (not really) and ooh, a 50 count box of protein bars (that don't get eaten because, well, they're disgusting) or toilet paper, (wait, isn't this cheaper at Target?). We have seriously walked out of there so much of a "well it is a great deal" but stuff we really didn't need. Our family can't go through a 5 pound bag of baby carrots. We just can't. Their organic chicken is packaged individually--so inconvenient (I sound like a total snob at this point) They have good take home pizzas and if you ever want to go, you can come with me to try it out! As for your hubby's diet plan??!?!?! I actually have the opposite problem because I would like to fix more meatless meals but my family wants the meat. So like with pasta, I'll mix up everything, set a serving out for me and then add the meat after for theirs. Or just do more ala carte type things. This is the longest comment ever. We'll talk later. :)
Schneider 4.0 said…
Oh and LOVE the pics. Has Larkyn been looking through an Olin Mills catalog for her praying hands? :)
nana said…
The pics are over the moon with cuteness. Yes please!
Keith and Julie said…
Love Larkyn's braids. Total sweetness. I also like thinking of you as some Parisian who buys Lucky Charms and Pop Tarts every three days. Congrats on the new Escape. I am envious. I love new cars.