The 15 year puzzle


So many cliche metaphors ran through my head as this post has been brewing in my head for the last few days. I am going to skip all of them. 

I have spent my whole post-high school life chasing something. Running after leadership positions, Buckling down to get the GPA I wanted, taking the job search by storm and applying to every school district within 50 miles of Columbus. Doing things, re-doing things. A house! Babies! A simple wedding done the way I wanted! Another house to fit the new baby...you get the picture. 



That always leaves me with either a.) wanting more or b.) finally FINALLY coming to the realization that I am where I want to be and don't need another major life event anytime soon. Luckily for all parties involved, I chose the latter. It is a conscious realization...an acceptance, and a new outlook. 
Rather than being caught up in nursery plans (which I love, though), saving for the next house, going back for some sort of degree, I am finally ready to embrace where I am in life. 



Does that make sense? There are no more pieces to the puzzle (I had to, sorry). I am excited to see where we go from here...where we travel as this little family, our routines, how we make this house a home, centering our attention around the kids' accomplishments rather than ours, and getting back to things that have always been in my heart but haven't had the time for since I was about eighteen.
Have you had this moment yet? Does it call for party planning? Just kidding...maybe just some UDF ice cream.



Comments

Nana said…
so happy for you and your new-found contentment. At church these days, the metaphor is "I have enough". That is BIG for people who want more. Great realization when you accept it. Lovely pictures. And I agree...it is like he has been with us forever, or at least longer than 10 months!