20 questions, pass it on

Is it around this time of year that everyone runs out of ideas, or is it just me?  We aren't really going anywhere interesting, I'm not doing any major projects (except for birthday planning, but that's top secret!)....

So, I thought I'd make up my own little 20 questions and interview myself. Feel free to copy them and answer them yourself!

1. Where and would would you eat if you knew it was your last meal?
Out of the million great local restaurants here, the most satisfying I ever eat is when I have the Sunday fried chicken dinner (with has brown casserole and fired apples) at Cracker Barrel. OMG.

2. What are you passionate about?
I get really fired up when I think I'm being unfairly judged or treated like I don't know anything. So I guess I'm passionate about being respected? I also love introducing my students and own children to quality literature and seeing learning breakthroughs throughout the day.

3. What projects are you excited about this year?
Coming up soon is the big Peppa Pig party! Then, the organization of my office space (under-desk storage), Spring mantle decorating has commenced, nothing major this year. The whole selling-moving-renting-buying-moving-renovating thing wore me out.

4. If the TV was yours for a whole day (imagine!), what would be on?
GMA from 7-9 AM, then off (I loooooove a silent house), The Chew at 1:00, then maybe Food Network or search for a girly little movie I can nap through, then the news. Then probably a more thoughtful movie at night. Honestly, it would be off for most of the day!

5. What household chore do you hate?
I get really behind on all of them because dishes and laundry and trash compile SO QUICKLY! Dishes and laundry are a tie. When my mom does a load of laundry, it is like angels singing. Ha.

6. What was your favorite subject in school?
Language Arts--writing of all kinds. I was the editor of our newspaper, which I thought might be a career path for me, but I didn't take that route. I loved writing papers throughout college (I did!) and learning new ways to cite sources, take notes, make presentations, etc.

7. I am really terrible at ______
Picking good recipes. I just don't anymore. I will only try making it if I have actually eaten it before!

8. But I am awesome at ______, so it cancels out the above
Ordering carryout

9. What websites do you check every day?
CNN and my blog list

10. If you had more hours in the day, what would you do?
More housework. Sounds depressing, but when I have a clean house (which is like once a month), I am so much happier.

11. What makes a good friend?
Forgiveness, understanding, patience

12. What is one really good lesson your mom taught you?
There are so many that I use every day! I do always look at drivers' eyes when waiting for them to make a turn or if I am waiting to make a turn. You know, those moments where you realize, "That idiot is going to pull out in front of me".

13. If you got one all-expenses paid trip, where would you go?
California. Permanently. Just kidding. But a trip that involves Napa, Sonoma, and beaches. And San Francisco. The whole Northern CA shebang.

14. What is your favorite outfit this season?
Considering I find a way to wear leggings almost every day of my life, I'd say that's it. Those long Mossimo tunic tanks have made my coverage dreams come true.

15. Read the book or watch the movie?
Allllways read the book. I will usually watch the movie afterwards and declare that it was a total waste of my time, though. It is just not possible to fit in all the details or cast the characters like they were in the book. Robert Pattinson as Jacob Jankowski? That was clearly written for Ryan Gosling.

16. What makes you proud?
My sweet babies. Also, hearing success stories about my students--even if it is just that they love coming to school. Perhaps there is nothing more important than that, actually.

17. What are you trying to change about yourself?
Being a more thoughtful, helpful person. It is hard when my mind is going 4 different directions, but it is important work.

18. What makes you happy about your partner?
He truly loves nothing more than our children. And he works hard to support us, even though it is difficult work. Also, his cologne.

19. What is your dream job?
Something completely right-brained and creative. Like NO paperwork involved. Making all of my Pinterest pins come to life in birthday parties, showers, weddings, etc. Being involved with happy days of people's lives.

20. What keeps you up at night?
Currently, the childcare situation when Larkyn goes to preschool 3 days a week next year. And then kindergarten the next. No idea how she is going to get to school and back.

And with that on my mind, goodnight! I want to hear your answers....

Comments

LaToya said…
Tamera Mowry-Housley always talks about Napa. I want to go!

1. Where and would would you eat if you knew it was your last meal?

BJ's Restaurant

2. What are you passionate about?

I want people to be happy. I hate to see someone sad or upset.

3. What projects are you excited about this year?

No project, per say, but I'm excited about going to Miami!

4. If the TV was yours for a whole day (imagine!), what would be on?

It would probably be on talk shows because I can have them on and not pay attention. Then at 11, Price is Right, 12: Family Feud, and the rest of the day, Lifetime Movie Network, so I can sleep.

5. What household chore do you hate?
Cleaning the bathrooms.

6. What was your favorite subject in school?
Language Arts--I also loved to write and have always been a pretty good writer, but I never turned that into a career path.

7. I am really terrible at ______
Being creative. If something takes too much energy and frustration, I quit.

8. But I am awesome at ______,

Shopping inexpensively.

9. What websites do you check every day?
Yahoo, Facebook

10. If you had more hours in the day, what would you do?
Spend more time with my husband. Poor guy gets the short end of the stick.

11. What makes a good friend?
Laughter, understanding, trust

12. What is one really good lesson your mom taught you?

How to shop inexpensively. We didn't have a lot growing up and my mom was always a budget queen.

13. If you got one all-expenses paid trip, where would you go?
Probably Miami, even though I've been four times already. My husband has never been but I just love everything about the city- the water, the people watching, the clubs!

14. What is your favorite outfit this season?
Ponte pants (or leggings) tucked in my boots with a sweater.

15. Read the book or watch the movie?
Watch the movie. I used to be a book girl but now I have two kids under 3. They come alive when I'm sitting still.

16. What makes you proud?
Seeing B and Z play together, unaware that I'm even in the room.

17. What are you trying to change about yourself?

Being less critical of my weight.

18. What makes you happy about your partner?

We can crap talk to each other like "bros". I say somethings to him that people would never think and he doesn't bat a lash.

19. What is your dream job?
I'm probably a person who'll dabble for the rest of my life. I don't know what I want to do but I love fashion, writing, watching movies, making other people feel beautiful, going out to eat (restaurant critic)- A BUNCH of stuff.

20. What keeps you up at night?
My son and daughter when they won't sleep. Other than that, I'm a pretty good sleeper.