Five on Friday

Five of my favorite things lately...

Decorating for Valentines Day! I have never done this before, but it was pretty easy to do without spending much money at all. I already had the canvas, as I keep them on-hand now. The jar of Pottery Barn stars was from Christmas, the wreath was in the Target Dollar Spot (decorated with one paper "flower" that made me question my existence), blocks were left over blank ones from Julie's shower, and the wooden sign was on our wall at our old house. I painted a burlap banner kit from Michael's (comes with 12 flags and a long piece of twine). I love how it turned out, and it reminds me of my mama, who LOVES Valentines Day!




Firefly Play Cafe. A few years ago, it was not my preferred spot, but now that we are about 2 miles away and they are open til 8 pm on Tuesday nights, this is our new hangout.





Reading again. I don't know how long this will last, but I actually read one book (The Fault in our Stars) and started another (Wild) over Winter break. I missed it. I also realized that when you download a book from iTunes, you can't hold it and see that it is clearly middle school literature until you finish it and it is categorized in your list as "Childrens Fiction". Oh well, I still enjoyed it.

New serveware. My weakness? Yes. Necessary? Yes. I am a freak about heating plastic in the microwave, and these are the perfect size to heat up kid-sized oatmeal and dinner. They were 3.99 each at Target, of course, and there were several other patterns.

A little one who happily eats whatever he is given. Rhys loves his Gerber puffs. He loves pot roast. And icing on a pretzel, and peanut butter swiped from the sandwich as I am trying to make one for his sister. Basically, he has had it all. As by-the-book I was with Larkyn, I can't keep up with this guy and all the rules have been broken. But how can I resist?
 


Comments

Audra said…
LOVE the V-day decor! And Play cafes are my new obsession! I should've started one years ago - it's genius!
Schneider 4.0 said…
Love the serve ware.......where'd you get it?
Nana said…
So glad my love of Valentine's Day has rubbed off on you!