11.18.12

Two years ago, I was going to bed excited about what the next day would bring. I was getting married and no one knew except our very immediate family and a friend. It was going to be warm and sunny and I was excited that I could wear my sleeveless, short dress 5 days before Thanksgiving!

We didn't want the hubbub of who to invite (although I did make 6 invitations because my addiction is stationery) and did not want to spend the money on a big celebration at all, so we kept it all under wraps until I shared this picture with the world that night.


The day was simple, exciting, typical in all the ways that embody our relationship...

Our colors were taken from the sweetest little red and black Christmas dress I bought for Larkyn. The focus was a peaceful setting that didn't need decorated (Hocking Hills) and accented by my love, flowers!  My mom made my bouquet out of the most exquisite red flowers and berries, and our food was a small catered meal from our favorite grocery store. We got in home to watch the Nascar championship, and that was that.



Two years later, we have a new house and a new baby. It is a good thing we celebrated with dinner and relaxing over the weekend, because on 11.18.14, instead of record highs, it is supposed to hit record lows outside. Our celebrating will be that I made him a lunch, that we are here for each other and that we made it through another day. Life does not get any easier, but it gets better. We have so much, and it is fitting that our anniversary is at Thanksgiving.


Matt, for you and for this life, I am thankful:) 

Comments

Nana said…
So many fond memories of that day for me too. It was a beautiful day and it doesn't seem possible that it has already been two years. As always, a beautiful post today, with the exception being that it tugged at my heart and I shed some tears of happiness for you. And then I was jerked into reality by realizing I didn't even get to talk to you today. Hope it was a good day for you today!
Schneider 4.0 said…
Did you ever post a pic of the invitation? I'm a paper nerd too you know :) Congrats!