It's about time...

I'll admit, we have been in a grumpy slump over here for about a month. I had a few posts (now deleted) that were simply written just to give me a little therapy. No one wants to read about that. But things have turned around. Here is what's making me smile these days...

I finally bought the baskets I have been lusting over (Threshold at Target). I stacked a mobile coupon, RedCard discount and Pharmacy rewards to bring them down a bit. Not sure what to put on the labels? And yes, the cords will go behind the wall. Eventually.


Lavender!  Sorry, but I've been kind of rolling my eyes at essential oils for the past year. After using it on all of our feet this week, I am a believer. We usually hear Larkyn talking and reading in her room for a while after I put her to bed, and now she is zonked out almost immediately. The chapstick is my new fave. Thanks, Jill!


Also to note, someone has some teeth around here. That may have contributed to his better sleeping this week. I'll take it. He's actually enjoying some Clove on his gums right now...


Starbucks "Discoveries" iced vanilla latte. Larkyn pointed to it at Target a few weeks ago and I have her to thank for my new habit. We don't live near a Starbucks with a drive through anymore, so this is my (cheaper) treat before school.

from starbucks.com

I have watched this video more than I'd care to admit.

Fall clothes!  There is so much more interest when you can add layers, colored pants, and big accessories like scarves and statement necklaces. These are a few of my fall inspirations...



Speaking of clothes...can you handle it?

shoes: sperry, bodysuit OshKosh, hoodie Circo, jeans Childrens Place
A full-of-fun calendar. 'Tis the season for festivals, farms, and Homecoming. That's Larkyn's preschool calendar on top of mine. Her "assignment" each day is to wear the color of the day. I want to go to preschool.


Nana slumber parties. We had a tough few weekends with our new preschooler. By Sunday evenings, everyone was drained. Nana to the rescue one Saturday a month, giving Larkyn a new setting and us a little bit of time to do household jobs, run errands, and watch TV that doesn't involve a Disney character.

I am happy that I had a few minutes to record our lives from the last month in the books!

Comments

Kristin said…
I was a totally oil eye-roller too but now I am obsessed - especially with lavender! I am glad your "grumpy slump" is turning around!
Nana said…
So does that mean Nana can use her bottle of Lavender on somebody's little toes when she has a sleep-over??? I have the same brand here.