God lives in apple orchards

It is probably clear through my archives that my posts perk up around the fall and taper off after Christmas. I keep seeing the Fitzgerald quote "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall". Truth. I feel like these sunny days of September were written for us to get together with family and friends and do stuff.

It killed me last weekend to miss 2 days of fall fun. But strep, ear, and sinus infections will do that to you. Here is our kickoff to fall, spent at Lynd's fruit farm. It was "Pumpkinpalooza", but we did not partake in that craziness--just the peaceful orchards and the market of temptations...












Baby's first Lynd's (Golden Delicious Puree). It is safe to say we may have gone overboard at the market (not pictured: Amish pumpkin roll and 3 kinds or hand-pies) but I couldn't resist letting Larkyn fill up the basket with little pumpkins. So glad my mom and dad joined us and that Rhys is just old enough to enjoy our harvest. Happy Fall!

The details...

Do not even attempt to go to Lynd's during the Honeycrisp weekend. I repeat, do not even try it. Everyone in Columbus has the same idea and you will regret it, big time. Even on the Red Delicious and Gala weekend, traffic is very heavy and you need to be prepared with patience. It is totally worth it.

Accessing the farm from 161 is much easier than from Morse road by about 1346 stop lights.

You will follow the signs to the orchards, where you will be guided in, get bags, and then find parking right beside the trees in the grass. You pay by the bag, not by the pound, so load them up!

The trees are marked with colors so that you know which variety is which. Being the apple fanatic that I am, I always do a little research to see how I can use each kind. After you pick, you'll put the apples in your car and drive to the exit, where the staff will check your bags and you can pay. They do have a card swiper for credit cards.

Make sure to go to the Market after your picking!  This is where you can, indeed, get your Honeycrisp fix. You can also get your pie, syrup, BBQ truck, Indian corn, pumpkin, and snack fix too.

Comments

Nana said…
And a fun time was had by all! Thanks for including us! Nana and PawPaw.
Keith and Julie said…
Awesome! I am feeling the love of fall today, too. And my brother said, "Yep, it's a white girl's holiday."
Your photos are gorgeous!
Courtney B said…
Oh sickness is the WORST :( I'm glad you all are doing better and celebrated Fall in the BEST way! Cutest pictures!! What a fun day at the farm! I'm jealous of all of your apples :)