Our great outdoors

Typically in the summer, we do a LOT of activities out of the house. When we were in our rental last month, I tried to stay out of the house as long as possible, actually. Now that we are in the new house, I want the kids to finally feel settled and begin to explore their surroundings. This was our week at home...

 If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen our deer encounter. We have walked down the street to the cemetery every night since then to see our "reindeer" friends.

 It may seem a little macabre to walk my kids through the cemetery, but...could you ask for a more peaceful setting? Plus, my little animal lover gets some wildlife time.

We were treated to two babies tonight

 Rush Run runs alongside our neighborhood


 In the backyard, she plays with soapy water on her picnic table

 And she is always making me some "carrot thoop"

Of course, this little guy is always just along for the ride

It is a little unreal that walking one way down our street leads the hustle and bustle of High Street and the other way leads to a little sanctuary. I'd say we are pretty happy.

Comments