What I know...

-I know that this family was not made to ever have a fully carpeted house. In our rental, the dogs, Play-doh, McDonald's sweet and sour sauce, and Rhys spit-up have already taken their toll in one week.

-that eliminating the third nap of the day was finally in the cards when we had a week of a wide-eyed baby staring us in the face when it was time for bed!

-that earwigs still exist. I hadn't seen one since being in the neighborhood I grew up in...so gross.

-that I have really good friends who will help me get Larkyn out of her new favorite predicament (THREE TIMES in the past week)...going up to a really high spot on a playground and then either throwing a big ass tantrum or pitifully crying when she can't decide if she wants to go down or keep going. I don't want to discourage her from taking risks, but this is getting old!

-that not having cable and Internet is pretty bad, but Matt and I have watched about 100 movies together and Larkyn is finding lots of non-TV stuff to do. Like pour out entire bottles of sprinkles and color all 4 of her walls during naptime. I love you, Magic Eraser.

-that Rhys' little feet are my favorite thing in the world. He is so strong and uses them to kick off anything he can. And his toes are long and skinny and he's constantly flexing them. It's hilarious.

-that I can't wait to buy non-post-pregnancy clothes one day. Last time it took a year to get back into old clothes, so I'll just hold out. And I'm not sure I ever want to go back to pants without elastic waistbands

-that this post was really random and I'm sorry. Someday soon, I can put photos back in and actually type on a computer...

Comments

Unknown said…
My son's middle name is Rhys! Sweet.