Berry picking soothes the soul

Until we are moved into our new house, I'm done talking about it because apparently real estate is a fickle and unpredictable subject. Long story short: After a terrible (think worst case scenario) home inspection, we decided the home was not for us. The end. Let's move on...

I have been wanting to take Larkyn berry picking for 3 years now, and the weather finally cooperated!  We went to Jacquemin Farms in Dublin. What fun, cheap entertainment! Once I let go of the idea that she was going to pick "only red berries", things were much easier. I just let her do her thing, and she had a blast. So did Rhys...he slept through the entire thing until I put him in the car.
















The details...
Jacquemin Farms is located on the edge of Dublin, easily accessed by 33 toward Marysville. Parking is free and is in the grass.

Their system is very organized. Your family is assigned to a row of plants, and that is where you do your picking. It goes pretty quickly, so I suggest packing a picnic to enjoy at the many picnic tables so that your experience isn't over so fast. I found all the staff to be very family friendly and sweet, and we can't wait to go back!

As you can see, berries are priced by the pound. You can buy a bucket to bring back every year for a discount (which we did, and then of course I have no idea where the bucket is). It would take a LOT of berries to fill this bucket, so I may just go for a smaller basket next time.

Comments

Nana said…
Darling pictures, Stacie! Larkyn, I love your strawberry blouse! Perfect for strawberry picking! Fun day for everyone:)
Ashley Brickner said…
How cute are your little ones?!! Love their names, too!!! I recently blogged about strawberry picking, it's the best!!! ;)

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com