Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle



Looking for a dessert that everyone will love at the next cookout? Here it is. Trifles are my go-to. They are out of the norm, don't require an oven, and always look great. This one is based off the recipe I pinned here, but I did an overhaul to make it work for my time constraints and preferences.

Summer Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
based on recipe from Taste of Home

1 C cold milk (I used skim)
1 8 oz. container sour cream
1 package instant vanilla pudding (3.4 oz.)
1 tsp orange zest (optional)
1 container Cool whip (I used store brand)
1 container strawberries, sliced into rounds and into triangles (to make the sides fancy!)
1.5  pound cakes, cubed into 1 inch cubes

1. Cube the pound cakes and slice strawberries, set aside.

2. Using a mixer, mix together the sour cream, dry pudding, milk, and orange zest on medium speed.

3. Fold in the Cool Whip, scraping the bowl to make sure it is blended. Don't overmix!

4. In your trifle bowl, add half of the pound cake. Now add strawberries, using round ones in the middle of the pound cake and arranging triangle strawberries along the sides of the glass.

5.  Pour half of the filling into the area inside the berries (meaning, try to keep it away from the glass).

6. Add the rest of the pound cake over the pudding mix and the berries. Cover with the remaining pudding mix.  Arrange any "pretty" leftover strawberries on the top.  Chill for a few hours, then enjoy!

Comments

Nana Sandy said…
Oh My!!! Looks delicious! I think I need some right now!