Chocolate-dipped Nutter Butters


I'm not sure if there is a quicker, more delicious Valentine recipe out there!  When I started these, I intended for them to be completely chocolate-covered. More power to you if you can succeed at this, but I lost my patience and almost my mind with that task. Oh, and do you like Tagalongs? If so, here is your answer. Enjoy!

Chocolate-dipped Nutter Butters
recipe told to me by a parent at school:)

Ingredients:
2 package of Nutter Butters cookies
2 bags of semisweet chocolate chips (I used one Ghiradelli and one store-brand)
Valentine sprinkles (or any sprinkles, really!)

1. Dump both bags of chips into a glass bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until it is smooth.
2. While you wait, prepare a surface with either wax paper or (lightly) Pam-sprayed foil if you don't have wax paper.
3. Dip the Nutter Butters halfway into the melted chocolate with your fingers, then gently scrape off extra chocolate. Don't scrape too closely so that the cookie shows, but make sure you get a good amount off so they don't become big blobs on the pan!
4. Lay the dipped cookies closely together on the pan, adding sprinkles after every batch of 6 or so (don't let the chocolate dry without them).

*You could try just one bag of cookies, but you need more than one bag of chocolate chips for dipping or it is not deep enough to coat the cookies.

Comments