Style Saturday: House makeover Part 1

Well hello, my old friends. It has been awhile. Want to know where I've been?

Here...

Tray from Pier One (24.95), pillows from Pier One (23.95 on sale), throw from Pier One (39.99). Sofa, loveseat and ottoman from Value City furniture (Nolan collection). We have a round black candleholder that will go over the sofa.

I'm in love. I'm in love with Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter, with the color "antique teal" (which I made up), and with the natural light I have been dying to have for 2.5 years. Let's take a look at the before, shall we?

Totally different feeling. So, when you are working full time and baby is down to one nap (yes, that is a new development), you have about 2 hours on the weekends to really get things accomplished. That is where I have been. Well, that and Pier One, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Homegoods.

Here is the inspiration that guided the palette. Both fabrics are Dwell Studio by Robert Allen, available at Joann's (take coupons or find them on your phone like I did, because it is 34.99/yard!)

Also in breaking news, the spending freeze is over. It went into early retirement. Because, when your boyfriend buys an entire living room set, how do you say "thanks, but I can't contribute because I bought an overpriced planner"? So, it's over. I am still sticking to my guns about not buying clothes for myself and challenging myself to be creative with my wardrobe.

Here are some of my favorite accents in the room (s):
Target For The Home console table in espresso (129.99), Grandview lamp from Homegoods (29.99)

Cynthia Rowley frame from Homegoods (4.99), books from Matt's library
Curtains from Homegoods (13.99 for two panels!) Oops, we have some rogue screws.
We have a good place for our laptops to live (instead of on the floor or on the ottoman), a place to kind of hide the paper shredder, and a place underneath the console to hide junk mail or anything else we need to shove away somewhere. You know you have places like that, come on.

Phase 2 and 3 will be the dining room and the other side of the living room (TV to be mounted, ladder bookcase to replace giant cherry bookcase). Stay tuned!

Comments

Schneider 4.0 said…
It looks like a whole new living room! I love it! Can't wait to see it in person...you need to throw a party :) Pronto.