Foodie Friday: No Fail No-Bakes

Hello, gorgeous

This week, I was all ready to make this cool instagram frame I pinned:
From aewilkinsonfamily.blogspot.com 
Well, here's mine:
Yes that is a leaf on the left, because it is outside. Outside where all my ruined projects go to get rained on and die again. My relationship with spray paint is not a good one.

I believe people call that a Pinterest FAIL. I will let you know when I (Matt) actually create the item above. Immediately following my failure, I did what any girl would do: console myself with chocolate. Specifically, a recipe that never fails and never requires a grocery trip.

I now introduce you to the easiest recipe. So easy that I am copying and pasting it from its source without any changes!

No Fail No-Bakes
from allrecipes.com
  • 1 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use Madagascar vanilla bean paste in everything-amazing!)
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes (I seriously set the timer on my phone and do not go a second over or under. This is the key or they will crumble or be drippy). Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.

Comments

Mom said…
Yummy! I could go for one right now! Thanks for sharing your recipe:)
Nana