Foodie Friday: Easy Oreo Pops

I poked them through a piece of foam board that was covered in tissue paper. This required a screwdriver and I am sure there is an easier way, but I tend to NEVER do things the easier way.
Though I adore cake pops and would love to be the person who makes owl cake pops complete with feet, eyes, and beaks (oh wait, that's my mom), I am not. BUT, this, my friends, I CAN do! And so can you. So, here we go with Oreo pops that can match any party theme.  

Easy Oreo Pops
(makes 16)

1/2 package of Double Stuffed Oreos (the stick won't fit into regular ones)
1 bag of Wilton melts
1 TB canola oil
sprinkles
pop sticks

Push the sticks into the Oreos, almost until the stick comes out of the top. You will break a few.

Since our microwave is currently broken, I used a double boiler (oh wait, I don't have one of those either)...a BOWL IN A BOILING POT of water to melt the chocolate. Get it nice and melted. Then add the oil a little at a time, using as little as possible to get the consistency you like. 

Dip the Oreos in the chocolate, making sure to get that spot where the Oreo joins the stick so it stays on. Lay them on wax paper.

Before the chocolate hardens (ASAP), add your sprinkles. To speed up the hardening process, you can stick them in the fridge, but they will harden on the counter if it is not too humid. Enjoy!


Comments