Foodie Friday: Skillet Lasagna

It has been sooo hot lately that I dread turning the oven on. My smart friend Jill has always encouraged me to just do things on the stovetop, and I am sure at some point, she has told me about skillet lasagna. However. I didn't try it until this summer. I am a fan!  This is SO much easier than all that layering business with hot noodles and keeps your kitchen from getting overheated. Enjoy!


Skillet lasagna
Based on the Barilla recipe, just deconstructed! 

1/2 box Barilla no-boil lasagna noodles
1 egg
1/2 container of ricotta (about 7-8 oz)
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 C parmesan cheese
1/2 lb ground beef (already cooked, please!)
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Cook the beef and set it aside. In a bowl, combine the beaten egg, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and one cup of the mozzarella cheese. Save the other cup to sprinkle on top!


In a large, deep pan, pour some sauce on the bottom and add a few noodles on top. Put 1/2 of the meat on top, then drops of the cheese mixture. Spread the cheese as best you can. Add more sauce, then noodles, then beef, then cheese mixture. Top with noodles, sauce, and the reserved mozzarella. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep checking the bottom of it because it scorches easily.

Comments