Random Wednesday: Nursery Source list

I am amazed every time I look at my blog stats, you are all looking for the same thing: Pottery Barn Hayley collection pictures! This post has been viewed over 1,000 times (yay!), but I have a feeling it is not really that helpful. So, while baby is sleeping, I thought I'd take you on a tour of the nursery and tell you where everything came from. When I was planning my nursery or when I am looking for decorating inspiration, I love it when blog authors give me a source list! Click pictures to zoom in.

Crib- Status collection at Buy Buy Baby (use Bed Bath and Beyond coupons!); letters- Pottery Barn Kids wooden letters (go all the way to the bottom for a hanging how-to), spray painted glossy white; paper butterfly mobile-Pottery Barn Kids; Bird rug- Pottery Barn Kids, Curtains- Bed Bath and Beyond

Bookshelf- Pottery Barn Kids; book baskets with liners- Michael's; Owl bookends- Pottery Barn Kids


Paint color- Benjamin Moore Moonlight; dresser/changing table- refurbished by Matt; glider- Kendall Sleigh Style from Target; End table behind glider (for extra diapers and to keep stuffed animals away from pets)- Homegoods; Wall shelves- Pottery Barn Kids; Changing pad cover- Boppy from Buy Buy Baby; Accessory basket and liner, Hayley quilt, quilt clips- Pottery Barn Kids

This is the refurbished (used to be gold!) dresser. I ordered the pink wrought iron pulls from Riricreations. The flower pulls are just wooden pulls from Lowe's that I painted with PBK paint samples and sprayed with clear coat 3xs.

Flower shaped end table- Pottery Barn Kids; bird house- Michael's (it was unfinished and my dad painted it); Daughter frame- Hallmark, Green Dot shade and Penelope touch lamp- Pottery Barn Kids

I know, I wish the doors were white too! Wardrobe- Status collection at Buy Buy Baby; Shoe organizer- Target; Pennant- Pottery Barn kids outlet

Switchplate- Pink Sugar Couture on etsy

Here's a close-up of the shoe organizer. It was a challenge to hang because it is meant to hang off of a curtain rod. We used an extra curtain tie-back screwed into the wall. This thing is a lifesaver for items I need close at hand!
Shelves- 3' Deep Collectors Shelves from Pottery Barn Kids; Stick-on butterflies and Penny the Owl- Pottery Barn Kids; Brown leather baby book- Michael's; Gerbera daisy and vase- Target; Bunnykins mug and bowl- antique; Bird ornament- see below; ABC artwork- Potato Patch on etsy; owl ornament seen below...

Owl ornament (personalized on the back with hand-stitching) from Lil Flock

Bird ornament from Jennifer Float (she makes all kinds of sweet bird items!)

 
OK, and for a quick lesson in letter hanging:
1. First, trace each letter onto paper (I used magazine pages).
2. Cut out each letter. Using your pen or pencil, poke through the paper letter where the nail holes are located on the wooden letter. This step is very important!
3. Find the center of your crib (or changing table). Mark with a pencil dot.
4. Have a long piece of painter's tape ready. Stick it on the wall with the top edge as the place where your letters will "sit".
5. Use a long level to adjust the tape if needed.
6. Place the paper letters on the wall, sitting on the tape. Adjust as needed so that they are nice and straight. Stand back and look at them a few times for a new perspective!
7. Now, hammer small nails into the paper letters, using the nail marks you made while tracing.Check to see the the first letter will hang before pulling the paper letter off the wall. Repeat with all letters.



Comments